[lbo-talk] Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan -- Killer, Coward, Conman

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Jun 7 17:26:14 PDT 2004

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> My anger & passion in the Reagan years reached near-Weatherman intensity
> (without the bombing and breaking shop windows, 'course), esp when it came
> to Cent. America. Yeah, Reagan was awful. He was a war criminal. He should
> have been impeached and tried at the Hague (along with his cabinet). But he
> wasn't -- he retired and slipped into a mental wasteland till the end, and
> that's that. I honestly don't feel like celebrating. It seems to me a cheap
> buzz. If I want that, I'll drink some Gilbey's gin.

If Albright were to have dropped dead during the Yugoslav War; if Carter would have had a seizure and died the day he did not respond to Romero's letter; if Reagan had slipped and broken his neck while still in the White House; even if an old fart like McNamara had keeled over while spinning that shit in the documentary on him; etc; I would have danced in the street.

But all this fuss about a fucking vegetable who died long ago, it's simply sort of childish. Where's the fun?

Carrol