[lbo-talk] lost in translation...not translating?

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Mon Jun 7 15:16:03 PDT 2004

i'm starting to think i'm one of two people in the world who liked this movie. i actually thought murray's performance was outstanding (reminded me of him in rushmore) and found coppola's direction superb. indeed, all the commentary i heard on this movie went on and on about its "politics" (it's anti-feminist, i guess) and none of them liked it, and the people i listened to coming out of the theater hated it, so maybe it *is* just me and my girlfriend who liked it.