[lbo-talk] Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan -- Killer, Coward, Conman

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 18:27:36 PDT 2004

>But all this fuss about a fucking vegetable who died long ago, it's
>simply sort of childish. Where's the fun?
>
>Carrol

In a way I do resent having to get steamed up over Reagan all over again. I prefer to focus my dislike on the clear and present danger of Bush and not have to refresh my memory about the ancient horrors of the Gipper Years -- especially since Reagan got clean away. I remember when Reagan left office the Village Voice had a classic front page: a shot of Reagan giving one of his cowboy waves, captioned with the quote, "So long, suckers!" The Voice got it exactly right. Watching the network news tonight I learned that, while 57% of Americans approved of Reagan's performance when his presidency ended, 75% do now. Suckers indeed.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! http://youroffers.msn.com