[lbo-talk] lost in translation...not translating?

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Jun 8 06:04:18 PDT 2004

Doug:
> You're not the only one. Liza & I liked it too, and I don't like a
> lot of movies.

Same here. Among the things I liked about the film was the almost total absence of a moral story and emotions (a signature of American literature and film) - just a slow progression of events devoid of any "deep meaning" - which created a nice sense of detachment and alienation. I guess that does not sail very well with most of the US-ers who love morality plays.

Wojtek