[lbo-talk] lost in translation...not translating?

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 8 06:41:05 PDT 2004

I liked LiT, although it seems to have polarised the people with whom I've discussed it in person.

Some have been uneasy about the way the main characters dominated and the Japanese tended to be something for the leads to bounce off (as was the Australian jazz singer *lol*).

However, several people also pointed to Lance Acord's fantasic cinematography, the solid acting of Murray and Johansson, and a well-chosen soundtrack, compiled by Redd Kross drummer Brian Reitzell.

Several people also said it made them much more interested in going to Japan, which makes it highly successful tourist marketing at least.

regards,

Grant.