[lbo-talk] Free Johnny Moss -- sign petition, forward widely

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Jun 11 06:39:55 PDT 2004

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:13:33 -0400 From: Katha Pollitt Subject: Free Johnny Moss -- sign petition, forward widely

Dear Friends, Please read about this case and if you agree that 23 years is more than enough for Johnny Moss, sign the petition supporting executive clemency in his case and forward this e mail widely.

thanks, Katha

----- Original Message ----- From: Karen Sample To: fairness2families at yahoogroups.com Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 10:31 AM Subject: [fairness2families] PLEASE HELP!!

Greetings everyone,

Will you please read this, and pass along to everyone you know ? Linda is trying so hard here to help a man who is not only innocent, but also a victim.

Thank You Karen

Dear Friends

For the past 5 years I've done prison reform work. I've helped everyone I was ever asked to help. I've signed petitions, written and made phone calls to prison officials; I've created web pages and web sites for folks and helped others learn how to create their own; and when I couldn't meet someone's need, I offered my shoulder to cry on, an ear to vent to, and my prayers.

I'm not trying to "blow my own horn", here. I'm not trying to brag, but I guess I am kind of trying to take most of you on a guilt trip, because I've just been BEGGING several thousand people for whom I will always do whatever I can, to sign a petition in support of Executive Clemency for a good, decent and deserving man who has spent 22 years of a LWOP sentence for a crime he not only didn't commit, BUT WAS A VICTIM OF!

I've been begging daily for 4 days and there are currently only 146 signatures on that petition.

Tomorrow, at 9:00 a.m. Central Time, John Moss' attorney, along with a very good friend of his will be meeting with the governor's Legal Aid to discuss John's clemency application. At that meeting, they will be making the Legal Advisor aware of the existence of the campaing to free John Moss AND this petition.

I am hoping and FERVENTLY PRAYING, that by the time the Governor of Arkansas' staff looks at that petition they don't come to the conclusion that not enough people to make a difference give a damn what happens to John Moss.

I am BEGGING EACH AND EVERYONE WHO HASN'T DONE SO TO PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION!!!!

Please don't sign it more than once, but please ask your friends and family to sign this petition and ask those of your friends and family who don't have computers for permission to sign their names. You can use your own email address for as many signatures as you want to - I used mine to sign for myself, my husband and for John's mother, Gloria. Also, if you're one of a couple who are both signing, PLEASE do not sign once as John and Jane because that only counts as one signature. Please each sign separately.

I promise that if I can ever do ANYTHING for any of you, I will be there and do all I can, and I'm BEGGING YOU to sign this petition. <http://www.petitiononline.com/johnmoss/petition.html>

His web site can be accessed by either clicking where it says "Free John Moss Campaign" in small letters near the very bottom of the screen where you read the petition, or by clicking here <http://www.geocities.com/freechewy>

Thanks in advance for your help in this URGENT matter!

Peace and blessings, LINDA TANT MILLER Prison Reform Unity Project (PRUP) <http://www.prup.us/> October 16 is PRISON REFORM UNITY DAY 2004 -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>