[lbo-talk] like a jew saluting the swastika

marc rodrigues marc36 at graffiti.net
Fri Jun 11 13:25:26 PDT 2004

who the hell is this clown?

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Wearing an eagle feather headdress and beaded buckskin regalia, Mdewakanton Sioux vice chairman Glynn Crooks paid his respects Thursday to Ronald Reagan.

Crooks, representing the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community in Prior Lake, gave a Dakota blessing and then saluted Reagan's flag-draped casket in a hushed Capitol Rotunda.

Among tens of thousands who attended the public viewing, Crooks and others with Minnesota connections braved a long wait in sweltering heat. Crooks waited for four hours, despite his 5 a.m. arrival.

"I feel that I did what I wanted to do," said Crooks, a Vietnam veteran who spent six years in the Navy. "It was important for me to pay my respects. It was a very moving experience."

-- _______________________________________________ Graffiti.net free e-mail @ www.graffiti.net Check out our value-added Premium features, such as an extra 20MB for just US$9.95 per year!