[lbo-talk] re: Bilderberg

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 14:30:41 PDT 2004

"However, left-wing activist Tony Gosling, a former journalist, said: "My main problem is the secrecy. When so many people with so much power get together in one place I think we are owed an explanation of what is going on.”

The original article dicusses the Bilderberg meeting in a very matter of fact way. I still don't understand why why do lefties sanction and support, even participate in the protests of and concern about what goes on at World Bank/IMF, G-8, Davos type meetings of elites, but apply a different standard to Bilderberg type meetings. This hypocrisy is a peculiarity of the North American 'left'. (This will of course provide Pugliese with another opportunity to post some incoherent and irrelevant stuff about right-wing preoccupation with secret societies.)

Joe W.