[lbo-talk] Canada (was Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan -- Killer, Coward, Conman

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jun 13 07:29:34 PDT 2004

At 09:42 AM 6/13/2004, Jon Johanning wrote:
>On Saturday, June 12, 2004, at 12:30 PM, snit snat wrote:
>
>>It has got to be better someplace else.
>
>Move to Philly. People are crazy here too, but at least they're left-crazy
>(as long as you stay out of the Northeast and the South).
>
>>I love it because I love watching people load up their "buggies" (that's
>>limpdickese for 'shopping cart' guh) with 20 loaves of bread, 20 gallons
>>of milk, several 1.75 liters of liquor, a case of beer, beef jerky, and
>>knock over 95 year olds for the last 16 oz. bottle of water on the shelf.
>
>Here people do that as soon as a weatherperson type breaths the S-word
>(s-n-o-w) on air -- even if it's expected to amount to half an inch. I've
>never in my life seen people so terrified by tiny hexagonal ice crystals.

Ooo! I grew up in upstate New York, where we have the most snowfall in the entire country. I saw one winter with four snow storms: 24" 28" 37" and 48"! We don't get so freaked out about snow and when we do, we have a cold place to keep that milk and bread!

I have been thinking a lot about Philly, reading your commentary. I would lurv it. :)

Kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'