[lbo-talk] Canada (was Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan -- Killer, Coward, Conman

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Jun 13 06:42:39 PDT 2004

On Saturday, June 12, 2004, at 12:30 PM, snit snat wrote:

> It has got to be better someplace else.

Move to Philly. People are crazy here too, but at least they're left-crazy (as long as you stay out of the Northeast and the South).

> I love it because I love watching people load up their "buggies"
> (that's limpdickese for 'shopping cart' guh) with 20 loaves of bread,
> 20 gallons of milk, several 1.75 liters of liquor, a case of beer,
> beef jerky, and knock over 95 year olds for the last 16 oz. bottle of
> water on the shelf.

Here people do that as soon as a weatherperson type breaths the S-word (s-n-o-w) on air -- even if it's expected to amount to half an inch. I've never in my life seen people so terrified by tiny hexagonal ice crystals.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt