[lbo-talk] Canada (was Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan--Killer, Coward, Conman

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jun 12 16:45:32 PDT 2004

dano wrote:

> ISTR that two years ago the fervor was at such a pitch that many
> people who were not of the right wing were literally afraid to speak
> in public, much less speak out in a public forum.

Some were, but not all even in September. The opposition to the Afghanistan War began here in early October 2001, and we got a large turnout at our first meeting. I felt exhilarated at the early beginning of sizable anti-war activity, and I still see the terrain as more advantageous for the left than it has been at any time since the defeat of ERA -- regardless of how the election turns out.

Carrol

If things go bad in