[lbo-talk] Canada (was Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan --Killer, Coward, Conman

dano dano at well.com
Sat Jun 12 13:19:19 PDT 2004

At 12:35 PM -0500 6/12/04, Carrol Cox wrote:
>snit snat wrote:
>>
>> At 06:27 PM 6/10/2004, Jon Johanning wrote:
>>
>> >And I hate moving more
>> >than just about anything else. I'd rather just stay put -- until they come
>> >to throw me into the cattle car, for my last trip (just kidding -- I'm not
>> >a "conspiracy theorist").
>>
>> you don't live in the limpdick. :(
>>
>[clip]
>>
>> As soon as I can, I'm outta here and I'm going to hit everyone up as part
>> of my job search network. Keep an eye out for me! :)
>
>Pish! I seldom agree with Jon, but he speaks for me here.
>
>And it is not 1932. The U.S. is not Germany (though from the perspective
>of the rest of the world it's been worse than Germany for several
>decades now). The U.S. capitalist class simply doesn't need and in fact
>would suffer from a coup.

ISTR that two years ago the fervor was at such a pitch that many people who were not of the right wing were literally afraid to speak in public, much less speak out in a public forum. If things go bad in the polls or in the war we could get a return of the locked-down posture that created that. Or worse. Just thinking about the next earthquake...