[lbo-talk] Canada (was Fw: Greg Palast: Bye-Bye Ronnie Reagan --Killer, Coward, Conman

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Sun Jun 13 07:05:15 PDT 2004

snit snat wrote:

> you don't live in the limpdick. :(

by which you mean the peninsula of Florida? Northist! If you rotate the map South-up our state pokes up proud and tall. Ha ha that's great, I never heard that phrase before but I knew what you meant immediately.

> you blame me for wanting to get out of a state i hate and

> have hated since 6 months after moving here

My parents dragged me to this God damned place in 1963 and I hated it within six months. If you live more than two hundred yards from the ocean, it's too hot for human habitation. If one were the forgiving type one could almost excuse the natives for their mean pinch-eyed dumbness; their whole lives, it's always been too hot to think.

> Maybe they figured that he was just so hogwild crazy about

> identifying as a conservative, so fucking sure that it

> couldn't possibly be a liability in the market place, the

> dean folks thought marketing dude deserved to get a little

> cold water thrown in his face.

The Dean people weren't trying to throw cold water in your marketing wingnut's face; they were afraid of him, like any personnel manager would be who saw a string of felonies on a job applicant's background check. They read your marketing guy's conservative bullshit and assumed he would probably criminally sabotage them with both hands any way he could if they gave him any opening, because campaign after campaign that's what Republicans _always_ do. Look at the record. In 1967 Nixon's campaign sets up a back-door connection with the South Vietnamese government to undercut Johnson's peace negotiations. They break in to the campaign offices at Watergate and tap the phones. Prior to the 1979 candidates's debate, they burglarize Dem headquarters, steal Carter's debate notes and pass them to the George Will gang so they can coach their actor/candidate with pre-planned rebuttals. They plant Linda Tripp, wearing an FBI wire, on a giddy WH intern, to get her to confess smutty details of her sex affair - Gee, Monica, I didn't quite make that out could you speak a little more clearly into the microphone? thanks, got it! They hax0r the Dems's server in the U.S. Congress computer network and distribute your confidential memos all over the place for a year. They reveal to the world press the top-secret status of Joseph Wilson's wife as a deep-cover CIA agent. I could go on and on, of course, but you knew all this and I understand Doug frowns on 50-kilobyte posts... That's just part of the stuff they've been caught at; imagine what they've gotten away with!

Plus whenever they've gotten caught at outright felonies, they've been shamelessly - sociopathically - unrepentant about it. Democrats who get caught and convicted fade from public life; convicted Republican criminals either take up Scaife-subsidized multi-million-dollar showbiz careers or get pardoned and reappear in high posts two Republican administrations down the line. If you worked on a Democrat's campaign, you'd rather trust any crack dealer with your car keys than any wingnut to work for your organization, even as janitor. Especially as janitor.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net