[lbo-talk] W = the Antichrist

Gregory Lipman gregory.l at mazdaace.co.jp
Mon Jun 14 18:02:46 PDT 2004

d scribed: I grew up in a conservative, evangelical tradition (Seventh day Adventist) and was consistently exposed to comic book like pamphlets depicting the exciting rise and fiery fall of the AntiC and his hapless mortal followers. ============================ I'm sure everyone knows the Jack Chick pamphlets, right? This one details how it is the "last Pope" (the Black Pope) who will be the Antichrist.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0030/0030_01.asp

Be careful they're addictive!

Also, Chuck Grimes wondered about, "Evangelical white protestants, and 22% self-identified as Democrat?". I found an interesting blog written by (I'm pretty sure) a progressive evangelical. He has a painstaking analysis of the Left Behind series and other interesting commentary.

http://slacktivist.typepad.com/

Cheers, Greg