[lbo-talk] W = the Antichrist

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Tue Jun 15 19:50:40 PDT 2004

>============================
>I'm sure everyone knows the Jack Chick pamphlets, right?
>This one details how it is the "last Pope" (the Black Pope) who will be the
>Antichrist.
>
>http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0030/0030_01.asp
>
>Be careful they're addictive!
>
>Cheers,
>Greg

I bought the entire set of tracts just to see what it was all about. It is hard to imagine the mindset of the people involved. My favorite is the tract geared for native Americans. It has no words only pictures since savages are assumed to be illiterate. Every image of Native Americans has them depicted as covered in dirt, stinking and with flies buzzing around them. Almost all of them hold a bottle of some presumed alcoholic beverage. I wasn't sure whether to laugh at the absurdity or get angry over the hateful racism. I did both simultaneously which was a strange experience. I hesitated to give my money to such a hate filled group but I figured there wasn't much harm they could do with the $8.00 that the set costs.

John Thornton