[lbo-talk] Bush & his God

R rhisiart at charter.net
Tue Jun 15 00:53:37 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Johanning" <jjohanning at igc.org> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 7:09 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Bush & his God

On Saturday, June 12, 2004, at 06:44 PM, Chuck0 wrote:

> So, what can we do to reverse these numbers and make this country more
> secular?

Trying to argue people out of strongly held beliefs is futile.

[snip]

a very simple and profound observation. if people took this observation seriously, most traffic on internet message boards would stop. except one could always find some nitwit to argue the proposition.

whenever i read "bush & his god" it makes me think of a "boy and his dog." sorry, i'm sacrilegious by nature.