[lbo-talk] Re: Bill O'Reilly: Everybody Hates Us, Waaaahhhhh!!!!

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jun 15 07:23:00 PDT 2004

At 09:28 AM 6/15/2004, Chris Doss wrote:
>You guys in the US,
>
>I know this apparent nutball only through the intermediary of LBO-talk. To
>what extent is he for real, and to what extent is he like Vladimir "We
>Should Build Giant Fans to Blow Radioactive Waste into the Baltic States"
>Zhirinovsky, i.e., consciously going to extremes for shock value?

People listen to him because he is fair and balanced. I'm serious. They really think O'Reilly is a no-spin zone. Often enough, he says something to indicate that he can deal with gays, for instance. Or, he might say something critical of the administration. Whatever it is, it's just often enough that people who follow this guy actually think he's a straight up kinda guy with no allegiance to either party. Oh, maybe an allegiance to the Republicans, but he's not a slavish acolyte. He's an independent thinker. Like them.

Look, we're dealing with people who describe the following as hate-filled rhetoric: "Reagan was less popular than Nixon1, Kennedy, 43, Clinton, etc." along with the graph Doug posted recently. This is described as hateful. I crap you negative.

Similarly, I forwarded the item Doug posted about the establishment possibly turning on Shrub. The article noted some Republicans who'd served under previous presidents and some members of the military were publicly opposing a Shrub re-election. I was greeted with the claim that I clearly did not know who comprised the establishment. (Presumably, the establishment is composed mainly of Lib'r00ls so it was always opposed to Shrub, boo hoo. waaaaaaaaaaaah.)

They really believe this shit.

It is almost scary. After you read stuff about how certain Bush is that he is god's chosen One, and then read these guys, you have to wonder just exactly how PISSED OFF they are going to be if they lose. It won't just be Rush with a show, America Held Hostage, right after Kerry's elected. It'll be dozens of 'em and they're going to be more bitter, angry, deluded, and out for blood than they've ever been.

We're in for a mighty fun roller coaster ride people. These clowns are not going to slink back and sulk in the shithole from which they emerged.

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'