[lbo-talk] Cost of living in Moscow

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 17 05:54:15 PDT 2004

These liveability surveys always throw up head scratchers. The Economist last year gave Melbourne the edge over other Australian cities because of its.....weather. This was hysterically funny to non-Melburnian Aussies, among whom Melbourne is famous for having "four seasons in one day", grey, wet and windy winters and blistering summer days, including occasional dust storms. Maybe it wouldn't seem so bad if you were used to London ;-)

----- Original Message ----- From: Chris Doss To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 7:55 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Cost of living in Moscow

Yeah, bills are pretty much an alien concept here. I think the protests have more to do with the shock of the new than any impact it will make on anyone's pocketbook. (Although maybe to a pensioner...)

I don't get these expat cost-of-living-in-Moscow reports. They must be focussing on people who rent limos or something. I could eat out every evening and that would cost me maybe $300 a month. (You know at what place!)

Peter Lavelle <untimely_thoughts at yahoo.com> wrote: Over the last week, some agency/organization estimatee that Moscow is the third most expensive city in the world for expatriates to live. Indeed, it is not cheap here.

Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.