[lbo-talk] O'Reilly: "The Faster We Get Out of There, the Better"

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Jun 17 17:33:42 PDT 2004

B. docile_body at yahoo.com, Thu Jun 17 15:18:35 PDT 2004:
>"Now that the tide of public opinion has turned against the
>occupation of Iraq, as O'Reilly's remarks demonstrate, leftists
>should turn up the heat on Nader as well, not just on Bush and
>Kerry, holding the only anti-occupation candidate in the race to a
>higher moral and political standard."
>
>Are you telling me we need to be wasting our time pressuring Nader now?

Not at all, since you've never indicated the slightest interest in the Nader campaign or the Green Party or third-party organizing.

According to the first ever LBO-talk presidential poll, 14% of respondents said that they would support Nader; 4%, the "candidate of a small left party (SWP, SP, etc.)"; 4%, "someone else"; 9%, "undecided"; and 7%, "I don't vote; it only encourages them" ("LBO-talk Presidential Poll" [voting closed at 6:47 PM, March 30, 2004, 48 hours after polling began], <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/PresPoll.html>). My posting is meant for them, roughly 38% of the LBO-talk subscribers. -- Yoshie

* Critical Montages: <http://montages.blogspot.com/> * Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>