[lbo-talk] Re: AP : Bush support on the rebound

Simon Huxtable jetfromgladiators at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 02:23:33 PDT 2004

"B." <docile_body at yahoo.com>:
> [AP also notes thatBush's daughters will play a
> visible part in his re-election campaign.]

I realise blood is thicker than water, but this surprised me as Jenna seems to be a wee bit more liberal than her dad:

"After her husband's death, Mariane Pearl returned to France, where she was fêted by Chirac. Back in the US, she describes a private visit to her apartment by Laura Bush, who confided that 'sometimes in our culture it seems as if we've digested so much we can't seem to absorb something that is complex any more.' Then 'the door flies open and a gorgeous blonde girl in her early twenties joins us. It is Jenna, one of the Bushes' twin daughters. She grabs a chair and sits across from us, and the conversation turns to the political apathy of American youth and the US military strikes in Afghanistan. "I have always been against the bombings," Jenna says.' " http://www.lrb.co.uk/v26/n10/ali_01_.html

Simon