[lbo-talk] Re: AP : Bush support on the rebound

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 04:31:07 PDT 2004

--- Simon Huxtable <jetfromgladiators at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I realise blood is thicker than water, but this
> surprised me as Jenna seems to be a wee bit more
> liberal than her dad:

Well, being a former gltb liason for Coors Beer hasn't stopped Mary Cheney from hunkering down and volunteering in the dark abyss of her father's campaign. The GOP is reining in their own, across all families. It's put up or shut up time.

Undoubtedly, the mention about the Bush girls in the article was a result of a very well planned statement meaning to quelch any talk to the contrary.

And down here in Houston, all hell is breaking loose over lame duck Chris Bell's request for an ethics inquiry on Tom DeLay. Inside word is that Bell's actions were done with the prior knowledge of the Dem leadership (Pelosi) and was given the silent green light to proceed. Since Bell's district was written out by the infamous gerrymandering fiasco orchestrated by DeLay, he's going point on this one, and the fallout is going to be brutal. Already, the Travis county DA is opening up an investigation into Dem congressman Martin Frost. Some question the timing. Regardless, it's duck and cover time.

- Deborah R.

===== " How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks