[lbo-talk] Job seekers' obstacle: Bad credit

jimi ayler jimi_ayler at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 18 13:11:29 PDT 2004

i know i was sweating my new employer's investigation into my awful credit before they offered me the job a few months back (i'm sure being forthright about it, and about my unemployment for five months prior, helped rather than hindered my chances). quite apart from making trw a dubiously authentic job reference, at the end of the day, this is no business whatsoever of any employer, nor is most other outside-of-work facts of life provided you're doing your job effectively. i'll be interested to see where this case goes -- i don't see it standing a legal challenge, but then, i felt the same way about the 2000 presidential election...

incidentally, and along these lines, i did take a look at the foi-released fbi files whomever it was who sent the link earlier -- turns out, the bureau checked bobby kennedy's credit, as well, before he got his federal job! even with papa joe's bootlegging fortune, not even bobby was safe from the hunt for a bad credit rating.

Art is algebra plus fire.

-- Borges

_____music+writing+webart+multimedia performance