[lbo-talk] Re: Is Berlet Combat Ready?

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Jun 18 13:56:36 PDT 2004

> At this point, Andrews AFB is a red herring.

Hey, you brought it up (incorrectly).

> Why is Chip Berlet not wondering why there was no response
> from the Air Force bases (other than Andrews AFB) that we
> know were combat ready?

In the article you forwarded a link to earlier today, we were told that there was a response from both Otis and Langley. We were told this within hours of the actual scrambling. I think Chip probably just has better things to do with his time than wonder about things that aren't true.

> Why is Chip Berlet attacking those who raise the question
> of government incompetence if not complicity in the 9-11
> attacks?

I wouldn't call this particular thing (out of all the things I've seen Chip do) an "attack" -- I'd use the word "debunk" ... but that's me. I for one am happy to see Chip's complaint, reproduced below:

>> Ruppert continues to plug the baseless story about a government
>> conspiracy behind the jets not flying out of Andrews, written by
>> Illarion Bykov and Jared Israel:
>> http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/11_20_01_911murder.html

I've read that story, and it seems like a load of crap to me. What's in it for you to attack Chip saying that he thinks it's a load of crap?

Tell me: do you not think that article is a load of crap?

> 9-11 dissident researchers have been more right than they
> have been wrong in their deconstruction of government lies
> about the event.

I haven't been keeping track. But your post this morning is clearly in the 'wrong' category. And it winds up, due to it's timing, depth of incorrectness, and narrow scope, looking like an attack on Chip under the guise of an appeal to let some people slide because (in your accounting) they are "more right than they have been wrong" ...

> Assuming it is true that there were no combat ready planes
> at Andrews AFB, why not?

I think this question has been answered (to death) elsewhere, including in the breaking news story you posted this morning. Read it again for the full details. Short story: money. 10 bases had "ready alert" status; Langley was closest to DC, Otis was closest to NYC.

> Whose side is Chip Berlet on?

Are you now or have you ever been ...?

> Why has Chip Berlet not contributed anthing to
> interrogating the Bush administrations lies about 9-11?

I think he's contributed quite a bit; you, on the other hand ...