[lbo-talk] consider the following:

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 08:39:48 PDT 2004

Inidentally Hopsicker was recently interviewed by Jeanene Garafolo on Air America:

http://www.guerrillanews.com/intelligence/doc4660.html

HICKS: Let’s wrap up by talking a little about Amanda Keller, she was Mohamed Atta’s girlfriend in Florida. You found her. Nobody else could find her. What does she tell us about Mohamed Atta?

HOPSICKER: Two or three really interesting things. Mohamed Atta had an American girlfriend. With whom he lived for two and a half months, in an apartment across the street from the Venice airport, at a time when the FBI says he was not in Venice anymore. She was in the news briefly after September 11th. Interviewed by three or four local reporters, they did stories on her, and then she disappeared. And the story disappeared. Now, you have never heard that Mohamed Atta had an American girlfriend, because it never made the national press. Which is itself bizarre. Because she was a stripper when she knew him…so you would think, "Interviews with the Stripper Girlfriend of the Terrorist Mastermind…"

HICKS: …who has insider information on Atta’s sex life…

HOPSICKER: You’d think it would be plastered everywhere. But it wasn’t. And she disappeared. And when I tracked her down six months later, actually a year later, she told me, as several other witnesses told me, that she had been personally intimidated, on a weekly basis, by the FBI, into keeping her mouth shut, and not talking, about what she knew. And the reason for that becomes apparent when you see what she knew. You’re about to see a clip….basically, she knew intimate personal details, but she had her eyes open…you’re going to see that two or three of Mohamed Atta’s closest associates weren’t Arab. They were German. German and Swiss.

HICKS: Daniel, thank you for coming on the program, you’re doing work no one else is doing. We really appreciate it. Let’s close now by going to the clip. This is the debut. Amanda Keller. Mohamed Atta’s American girlfriend. No one else has seen this because no one else has done this story. Daniel Hopsicker found her when nobody else would. So, enjoy:

CLIP of Hopsicker’s Documentary on Amanda Keller:

Daniel Hopsicker in Voice Over (VO): We thought that by now Diane Sawyer, or someone else living in Disney Time/Warner Land would already have done Amanda’s story. Since they haven’t, we’ll offer what we have. From a videotape rolled for video documentation, from an interview with her at an undisclosed location. Atta and Amanda met when she came into Poppa John’s Pizza in Venice, where she was a manager. Pay attention to who she said he was with:

Amanda: Mohamed came in with Peter and Stephan, and Jurigen.

VO: If you listen closely to Amanda’s tale, about an otherwise unremarkable, casual hook up, Florida-style, there are some nuggets of information about Mohamed Atta that are real gold. From her we learn, for example, that Mohamed Atta’s associates were as likely to be German as Arab.

HOPSICKER: (Off Camera): The first time you saw him he was with who?

Amanda: He was with Peter and Stephan, and Jurigen.

HOPSICKER: So, he was with three Germans?

KELLER: No, Jurigen was the only German guy. Peter and Stephan I thought were from Austria. That we later went to Key West with.

VO: Atta’s first big date was a booze and drug filled three-day weekend in the fleshpots of Key West.

KELLER: We went to Key West for three days.

HOPSICKER: Who’s we?

KELLER: Me, Mohamed, Peter, Stephan and Linda.

HOPSICKER: Who’s Linda?

KELLER: She told me that she was a stripper, but she told the told the newspaper that she worked for a cleaning service.

VO: Mohamed Atta didn’t act like any Islamic Fundamentalist we’ve ever heard about.

KELLER: Peter, Stephan and Mohamed were talking to these flight students that were from the airport over there. They were talking in a language, I didn’t know what it was…but Mohamed was fluent in every language I could think of. He could talk to anybody.

VO: Atta was a smooth operator, fluent in half a dozen languages. Atta was Wahabi 007.

HOPSICKER: When y’all got back y’all had been up for 72 hours.

KELLER: No, we slept…here and there, [laughs] for a few hours.

HOPSICKER: You were partying, were they doing drugs?

KELLER: Yeah, but not in front of me. They didn’t do it in front of me until I met everybody at the apartment.

VO: Amanda has even more shocking news about Terrorist ringleader, Islamic fundamentalist, and recreational drug user, Mohamed Atta. When they were in Key West, Mohamed and his German buddies went to a meeting. And when they came back, they were all glum.

KELLER: Peter, Stephan, and Mohamed, all went to Hard Rock Café. And they were meeting with people down there. I don’t know who, but somebody had flown in….I don’t know who, but they said somebody had flown in, in one of those little single planes? To come speak to them. When they had got back, they were waiting for us on the dock, waiting for the boat to come back. And everybody was kind of somber-looking. You know, they were kind of quiet.

VO: It’s obvious what the meeting was about. Discussion about the upcoming death of at least one of the participants would tend to put a damper on things….What isn’t obvious, is what kind of Islamic Fundamentalist goes to meetings in Key West with guys named Stephan and Jurigen?