[lbo-talk] Illinois Republican pressured wife to have public sex

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 03:42:09 PDT 2004

[WHat do you want to bet this guy opposes gay marriage, supports Ashcroft's fight against obsenity, and supports other "wholesome" "family-oriented" policy proposals?]

-----

Illinois Republican to Stay in Senate Race

17 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

By MAURA KELLY LANNAN, Associated Press Writer

CHICAGO - Republican Jack Ryan vowed to stay in the race for U.S. Senate despite embarrassing allegations that he tried to pressure his former wife to perform sex acts in clubs while others watched.

"My intention is to stay in the race," Ryan said Monday, hours after a judge unsealed divorce records from his marriage to Jeri Lynn Ryan, the actress best known for roles on TV's "Boston Public" and "Star Trek: Voyager."

Jeri Lynn Ryan charged during a custody hearing that Ryan took her on surprise trips to New Orleans, New York and Paris in 1998, and that he insisted she go to sex clubs with him each time.

[...]

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/illinois_senate