[lbo-talk] Kansas as angst indicator

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 15:25:09 PDT 2004

Just finished What's the Matter With Kansas? and found it a remarkable book, as dramatic and horrifying as a flash of lightning that reveals a scene of devastation. But I must say I still don't understand why Kansas and Americans at large are as hopelessly deluded as they are, so willing to focus their fury on trumped up social issues instead of real material concerns. "All that Kansas asks today," says Frank, "is a little help nailing itself to that cross of gold." What a long strange trip this country has taken to arrive at such a pathetic destination.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/