[lbo-talk] Re: Bush and his God

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Wed Jun 23 06:26:25 PDT 2004

At 2:24 AM -0700 23/6/04, Chris Doss wrote:

>Your missing the point, Bill, I think. Consciousness may be a
>product of neural pathways, but it is not the same thing as them any
>more than the color red is the same thing as a particular wavelength
>of light.

Consciousness is no more than a network of neurons. That's all there is to it. Likewise a colour is a wavelength of light. Anything more you might believe there is to it, is merely down to the way your neural pathways are arranged.

Likewise, my own, more rational understanding is down to the way my neural pathways are arranged. Proof that our selves exist. Precariously to be sure, but we exist.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas