[lbo-talk] Re: Nader Goes Buchananite

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 21:48:57 PDT 2004

snitlicious at tampabay.rr.com wrote: "I don't see (Nader supporters) as thinking they can get the Democrats to move to the left."

Of course they don't and with good reason. Many of them foolishly held onto this illusion for far too long. Unfortunately, many still do and the Democrats brazenly take it for granted, like a demented spousal abuser who still feels entited to his/her abused spouse's fealty. The last decade has shown that the Democratic party is incorrigible in this regard. What better time than now for the Democrats to be running a genuinely progressive campaign? instead they are running a Bush-lite Clintonian campaign at best, and at worst are hoping a keep as low profile as possible, hoping that they will be handed a victory by default.

Joe W.