[lbo-talk] Re: Nader Goes Buchananite

snit snat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Jun 23 23:11:02 PDT 2004

At 12:48 AM 6/24/2004, Joseph Wanzala wrote:
>snitlicious at tampabay.rr.com wrote: "I don't see (Nader supporters) as
>thinking they can get the Democrats to move to the left."
>
>Of course they don't and with good reason. Many of them foolishly held
>onto this illusion for far too long. Unfortunately, many still do and the
>Democrats brazenly take it for granted, like a demented spousal abuser who
>still feels entited to his/her abused spouse's fealty.

I don't know anyone can believe that the democratic party ever gave a shit about the left or currently gives a shit about people who are withholding their votes to punish them for their rightward move. There are so few lefty voters, it just doesn't matter to them how you ("we") vote. In other words, don't flatter yourself that the dems take lefty voters for granted. Our votes mean NOTHING to them.

Kelley

"We're in a fucking stagmire."

--Little Carmine, 'The Sopranos'