[lbo-talk] Support Nader in the Same Way as the Rope Supports a HangedMan

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jun 24 14:28:33 PDT 2004

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> >[lbo-talk] Kovel on Nader-Camejo
> >Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
> >Thu Jun 24 11:51:26 PDT 2004
> <snip>
> >[All you Naderbots . . .
>
> I haven't called anyone on the opposite side of the DP vs. GP or
> Kerry vs. DP debate a "DPbot" or "Kerrybot." I'd expect the same
> courtesy from you, especially since you are the moderator, thus
> setting the rules of discourse.

I presume, like me, Yoshie is working with people (and has e-mail friends around the country) who are supporting Kerry, which is one of the reasons both of us (on various lists) have tried to stay reasonably civil on the question. (I slipped on a couple posts but I don't remember which list.) We certainly haven't called Kerry supporters traitors to people's united front or whatever.

Whichever candidate wins, everyone who has any left tendencies whatever needs to go to work next January to get the troops out of Iraq. We should try not to make such cooperation too difficult then.

Carrol