Off List Re: [lbo-talk] Don't Mess With Mom

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Jun 24 15:54:35 PDT 2004

DeborahSRogers wrote:

> Now, imagine what they do with a kid whose meds might have been
> temporarily disrupted or skewed with hormonal surges and has a
> hysterical panic attack in the hall. Yep, you guessed it: call the
> police.

If one is familiar with the symptoms of either clinical depression or bipolar, reading the court news in the daily paper can be incredibly sickening. Case after case where even three or four sentence accounts are sufficient to show that the case is one for counselors and psychiatrists, not for the fucking police. And not a damn thing one can do about it!!!!!

(I suffer from unipolar depression, but know many who suffer from bipolar through the support group in town.)

There are also a number of parents or spouses of bipolar patients in the group. You have my sympathy and admiration for adopting a bipolar child.

Carrol