[lbo-talk] Re: GDP per capita/Dougs comments

Simon Huxtable jetfromgladiators at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 02:46:05 PDT 2004

> From: Jeffrey Fisher <jfisher at igc.org>

> however . . . you can go into the local "general
> store" [sic] and buy a
> sandwich with a couple slices of the deli meat of
> your choice, cheese,
> lettuce, tomato and mustard/mayo for under $2. while
> i sometimes miss
> the better sandwiches, there is something to be said
> for that . . .
>
> no pickles, though. :-/

Unlike my local(ish) deli which sells Salt Beef sandwiches at a princely £6.50. It goes up to £8 if you want them with tongue as well. If you're eating it in the deli that's a 10% surcharge plus a 10% tip (us Brits are cheaper than you lot in the US) and you're nearing the fabled £10 sandwich.

Second thing, is there a list of the items that PPP measures?

Simon