[lbo-talk] Chomsky, Zinn and Nader/Camejo

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Jun 25 10:46:07 PDT 2004

On Jun 25, 2004, at 12:31 PM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> some (in 'safe' states) can, with clear conscience, vote
> for Nader to demonstrate displeasure with Dems and
> Repubs and build third party alternatives,

Assuming that they believe that a vote for Nader would in fact be a meaningful way of doing that.

> others (in 'battleground states') should vote for Kerry to defeat
> Dubya

So folks in "dangerous" states, like me in PA, are condemned to commit the serious political sin of voting for a Democrat. Gee, is it too late for me to move to a "safe" state and establish residence?

> and still others (serious, full time activists)
> can ignore the process altogether and continue working
> in various ways towards change.

Which means that people who vote can't be serious, full time activists?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ After the Buddha died, people still kept pointing to his shadow in a cave for centuries—an enormous, dreadful shadow. God is dead: but the way people are, there may be, for millennia, caves in which his shadow is still pointed to. — And we — we must still overcome his shadow! —Friedrich Nietzsche