[lbo-talk] Kansas as angst indicator

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 20:58:18 PDT 2004

Franks has chapter on this, says that the social issues right (anti-abortion, anti-gay, pro gun, pro-flag, no school-prayer is consciusly organized contrary to economic interest, and it still works.

My suggestion would be not that the left is mot arguing material economic interests rather than social distractions, but rather that for various reasons it lacks, has lost, or has had destroyed, the institutions that would sustain an alterntive vision. In other words, it's not that we are running the wromg line, but that we have no organizations to foster a different visiion.

jks