[lbo-talk] We are all a dead soldier's mother. F-9/11

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jun 26 07:35:46 PDT 2004

snit snat wrote:

> But, of course, I'm bringing those interpretive glasses to the film. Others
> are not, and given the limitations of film, not enough is said to drive
> home that point.

Precisely. And while the film will make an impact, that impact will soon dissipate insofar as there is not the kind of organization and ongoing activity to involve people. Justin has just made the same point.

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> In other words, it's not that we are running the wromg
> line, but that we have no organizations to foster a
> different visiion.

People are moved through _seeing_ movement. Agitprop such as Moore's film is effective (for the most part) only if there is an active and visible left.

Active and visible lefts are created by leftists who reach out to and mobilize incipient leftists (people already share some of our important beliefs).

Ideas not linked to activity die.

Voting is not a political activity.

Carrol