[lbo-talk] Vatican: Okay to Vote for Pro-Abortion Politician

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Sat Jun 26 15:25:32 PDT 2004

Isn't the Pope just a little behind the curve on this one? I do not currently and have never known any Catholics who gave the abortion issue serious weight in their voting considerations. Not that none of then didn't care about the issue, they just were not inclined to make it THE choice in selecting a candidate. That seems like a tactic generally reserved for evangelical protestants. That domain is obviously not theirs exclusively but I believe they far outnumber the Catholics in that camp.

John Thornton