[lbo-talk] Green Party convention to the real world: Drop Dead! (Frontlines coverage)

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Sun Jun 27 09:35:18 PDT 2004

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> The demogreen "realo" faction at the stacked "electoral college"
> Green Party Convention in Milwaukee has voted to deny Ralph
> Nader and Peter Camejo its ballot lines by nominating shamefaced
> Kerry supporter David Cobb for President.

BS, David Cobb is absolutely not a Kerry apologist. I still have respect for Cobb, despite the fact I've written off the Greens. Unlike Nader, Cobb was trying to build a real challenge to the duopoly. Though he poured his efforts into the 2000 Nader campaign, he never became a member of the personality cult. His criticisms of Nader not working to help build state parties was clear and forthright at 2000's end.

"Kerry may not be Bush but he's no progressive. He is not presidential at all. I just think George Bush is a fascist."

— David Cobb

http://www.sacurrent.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=11985249&BRD=2318&PAG=461&d ept_id=484045&rfi=8#TOP

-- Shane -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040627/65d49563/attachment.htm>