[lbo-talk] As rates rise...

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Jun 27 22:51:55 PDT 2004

The poor pay variable interest rates; the rich pay fixed interest rates. See

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/28/business/28DEBT.html?hp

I remember some years ago getting two credit card offers: one as an alumni of UCB and one as an alumni of UCLA (at a higher rate). I was puzzled by this; I had a B.A. from UCLA, but a masters and a Ph.D. from UCB. It didn't make sense that the more degrees I had the lower the interest rate; but then my ex translated; more degrees made me a safer bet and a juicier customer, so they were fishing for me with lower rates.

Like Billy said: them that's got shall have; them that's not shall lose...

Joanna