[lbo-talk] the Passion of Michael

DeborahSRogers debburz at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 10:07:43 PDT 2004

--- Doug wrote:
> In 2000, I thought Bush was
> pretty much like his father, and that the differences between that
> sort of Republican and Gore, while greater than zero, weren't great
> enough to miss the opportunity to try to build an independent
> party/movement.

Who could blame you? Texas Democrats failed in their duty to make a loud enough ruckus to warn the rest of the party and the rest of the country of what those of us in Texas who experienced the Bush governorship knew this man was capable of doing and who knew the money and people behind him. We're still living in the wake of his legacy in this state:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2654323

Ah, the legacy of "Leave No Child Behind"...

- Deborah

===== " How come people always flip and think they're Jesus? Why not Buddha? Particularly in America, where more people resemble Buddha than Jesus. 'Ah'm BUDDHA!' 'You're Bubba!' 'Ah'm Buddha now..All I gotta do is change 3 letters on ma belt...' " - Bill Hicks