[lbo-talk] Re: naderphobia and the greens

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Wed Jun 30 16:06:32 PDT 2004

"I'm intrigued by the lack of comment from our Nader fans on his failure to win the Green Party nomination."

comment: i admire and respect him, far more than i do any other "leading" american political figure, but never thought he should run this time...my criticism is for emotional, irrational, vindictive naderphobia , which is not only found among democrats but, as is often evident here, among usually thoughtful people of the....um...progressive left wing (gimme a break, carroll, you know what i mean)...

as to the greens move, they probably did the right thing, for the wrong reasons, as did he....first he shuns them and runs as an independent, then he goes to them for endorsement...he is a heroic political figure, given the ugly, stupid, vicious trashing he has suffered and must have known he would get, but he is not the foremost political strategist of the era, either...

of course, he isn't nearly dumb enough to strategize for the democratic party ....but go figure, they could win by running an almost total dud, in every sense of the word, and just relying on hatred for bush to bring out a vote...that, and millions of dollars worth of brain-fucking...

fs