Principled Discoursin' (was Re: [lbo-talk] BDL on Sweezy)

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon Mar 1 09:18:16 PST 2004

Brad's qualifications as an economist are irrelevant to his attack on Sweezy. The same answers are appropriate whether he would be a world-class economist or somebody without any knowledge of the subject at all.

Roosevelt also spoke highly of Stalin at times. What does that mean? Also, Brad wrote about Sweezy praising Stalin's theoretical work. What if Stalin had been a Nobel Prize-winning mathematician? Would it be permissible to use his theorems? I admire Milton Friedman's skills as a propagandist. Does that make me a tool of the right?

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu