[lbo-talk] BDL on Sweezy

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 1 13:09:02 PST 2004

>From: "Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net>
>
>As for Big Brad taking another dump on a fresh grave, nothing new. I have
>no
>real opinion good or bad about Sweezy, but I do recall Brad defecating on
>Edward Said, and that's all I need to know about his ethics. What was it
>Brad, Said "willed" Oslo to fail? Something like that. Wonder what Brad's
>eating in preparation for Chomsky's passing . . .

Hmm, we would seem to be on Krafft-Ebing's turf here. This is indeed a highly ritualized stimulus-response cycle: (1) Brad dumps; (2) LBO list howls in indignation. This is so familiar a pattern one must ask, why does Brad do it? He obviously enjoys the humiliation, so the answer must be along the lines of economic utility: Brad can get spanked by the list for free, but he would have to pay a dominatrix for this service.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed Marketplace. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/