[lbo-talk] BDL on Sweezy

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Mon Mar 1 13:26:10 PST 2004

My old prof Mancur Olson used to say the utility functions of a masochist and a sadist could be dynamically linked.

In the present context, it's not obvious who is which.

mbs

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org]On Behalf Of Carl Remick Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 4:09 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] BDL on Sweezy

Hmm, we would seem to be on Krafft-Ebing's turf here. This is indeed a highly ritualized stimulus-response cycle: (1) Brad dumps; (2) LBO list