[lbo-talk] Haiti Coup and Left KneeJerks

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 1 13:18:11 PST 2004

Shane Mage writes:

> In a revolution, especially one threatened by
> very powerful counterrevolutionaries, popular
> vengeance against officially-sponsored
> murderers, rapists, torturers -- and their
> sponsors -- can take very unpretty, even
> materially unjust, shapes. Remember the
> tarred and feathered Tories? September 1792
> in Paris?

Shane, stop. You're going to provoke him. I shouldn't even have started this myself. If you mention Paris in September 1792, Pugliese is going to repond with 100-letter URLs and sentences, that, read, like, this, -- insert reference to Simone Weil or Camus here, followed by another 150-letter URL -- about the horrors of Robespierre.

Already, when I mention the fact that his liberal hemming-and-hawing about "necklacing" is reminiscent of Reaganite apologetics for apartheid -- which it is -- he responds with stuff about Plekhanov and Lenin. Maybe others find it endearing that he has an obsessive need to share his stream-of-consciousness searches on Google with the rest of us, but I don't.

- - - - - John Lacny

People of the US, unite and defeat the Bush regime and all its running dogs!