[lbo-talk] Sunny Taylor in MR

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Mon Mar 1 17:14:11 PST 2004

In the March MR we've published an article (and self-portrait) by a brilliant 21yr old disabled artist, Sunny Taylor. <http://www.monthlyreview.org/0304taylor.htm> Paul Sweezy was emphatic on the importance of the disabled movement, and a fan of Marta Russell. Paul was the first person I ever heard to make a point Sunny Taylor makes (among others) in this piece - that being abled is a temporary condition; in time we can all expect to be disabled. Sunny told me that her activism began with reading a piece by Marta Russell and Jean Stewart in the MR summer of 2001 issue on the US prison gulag <http://www.monthlyreview.org/0701russell.htm>. There's something about our publishing Sunny's piece just as Paul dies that is so right.

john mage