[lbo-talk] human shredder tales about saddam's iraq...in the march to WAR

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Tue Mar 2 10:48:07 PST 2004

michael pugliese wrote your continued refusal to even read any of the HRW reports, makes me think you have a habitual knee jerk at work.

--no, though why i have to believe everything hrw has written is beyond me. hrw i believe has acknowledged that the overwhelming amount of mass grave victims, the ones that aren't cemeteries of war dead from the iran-iraq war and aren't really 'mass graves', were from over a decade ago...thus making the excuse for the illegal invasion even weaker than it was to begin with.

btw, i wonder if the 'rape rooms' stories aren't similar to the 'human shredder' lies. i recall reading at least one article to that effect before the illegal invasion officially began...but can't find it. -- And, I don't see a post by you on the 183+ killed in Karbala by Sunni extremists on the list

--i find that a bizarre notation, since i presume that every single person on the lbo-list is of high enough cultural level to have clicked on yahoo or cnn or the nyt to secure this information; it is after all the LEAD story of the day. i did send out the cnn clip on the iraqis attacking the american troops in the aftermath...a none too irrelevant phenomenon.

steve