[lbo-talk] Sublation

Kenneth MacKendrick kenneth.mackendrick at utoronto.ca
Tue Mar 2 17:26:17 PST 2004

Wow, total Tylor Durden flashback humour here.

"Sublation is masturbation." "The things you sublimate, end up sublimating you." "We're a generation of Marxists raised by Hegel. I'm wondering if Hegel is the answer we really need." "You have to consider the possibility that Hegel does not like you, he never wanted you. In all probability, he hates you... We don't need him." "We were raised by philosophy to believe that we'd all be sublimated... but we won't. And we're starting to figure that out. And we are very pissed off." "It's only after you've sublimated everything that you're free to do anything."

all dancing, all singing, ken

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Michael Dawson -PSU Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 6:52 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: [lbo-talk] Sublation

What a bullshit word! I nominate it for the worst word in the English language. Stop, now, please!

"Transcendence" sucks, too, but not nearly as much as this turd in the verbal punchbowl. Transcendence, improvement, correction, betterment, digestion --- anything but "sublation!"

Speak English and stop preening, people. This is democracy we're trying to build. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040302/33d30c2c/attachment.htm>