[lbo-talk] Ramsey Clark Endorses John Kerry

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Mar 3 09:45:01 PST 2004

Michael Pugliese:

"Kincaid, who has worked for Reed Irvine's Accuracy In Media, the rightist version of FAIR."

Umm, Mike, FAIR is not anything like that McCarthyite outfit -- FAIR has never called for media "defeat" (as AIM did in the wake of the Grenada press censorship), not has it advocated state violence, as Irvine has many times over the years. AIM's aim has been to force the corporate press to be even more beholden to reactionary state interests. Thankfully, they've lost whatever strength they once had.

As for my old pal Cliff Kincaid, he wore two masks whenever we debated. While on the air, Cliff would paint me as a Sandinista/Mandela-loving commie agent and wail about the Leftist Media. Then, during a commercial break, he'd pat me on the back and say, "How ya doin' Dennis? How's your family? Everything OK?"

DP