[lbo-talk] the imperialism of the liberal

John Lacny jlacny at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 6 10:23:58 PST 2004

Joseph Wanzala writes::

> This business of the 'not a dime's worth of difference crowd not
> caring about the working class' is simply untrue and pretends
> that a different ideological ethos runs foreign contra domestic
> policy.

It has little to do with "ethos" and a lot to do with the real-life political forces in the United States, and the differing constituencies that will support a liberal candidate against Bush. The differences are substantial and the evidence is overwhelming, and all of this is obvious to anyone who investigates the issues. It's not unfair to say that people like John Pilger -- let alone the paleo-fascist-symps at "antwar.com" -- don't care about the working class in the US; when was the last time you saw someone like Pilger writing about US domestic political economy in anything but the most general terms? Clearly, he just doesn't care. I don't necessarily blame people from outside the US for feeling this way, but people who want to actually build a movement inside the "belly of the beast" have different responsibilities. Among those on this list and elsewhere who refuse to recognize the importance of defeating Bush, I have not seen a single one produce an argument to counter the (incontrovertible) evidence that replacing Bush would be an improvement worth fighting for.

- - - - - John Lacny

People of the US, unite and defeat the Bush regime and all its running dogs!