[lbo-talk] RE: what's it madder

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Sat Mar 6 13:39:57 PST 2004

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, joanna bujes wrote:

> Ian writes:
>
> "Does anyone really believe Warren Buffett and Bill Gates are psychopaths
> and would tell them that to their face if they had the chance."
>
> Sure. I would.
>
> Joanna

I don't get the logic of this, and I'm a psychologist. What's the point of speculating about people's psychological health on the basis of mass media accounts of behavioral patterns? Even clinical psychologists are a bit more careful than this (check out the DSM-IV; the diagnostic criteria for the major disorders are clearly specified).

Miles